As enterprises freshen their technology mandate for 2015, they stand at the cusp of a multi-dimensional interplay of agility, flexibility, and rising security considerations. Beyond the usual SMAC stack, enterprises are also grappling with challenges to the status quo in terms of faster application development, automated IT operations, the Internet of Things, and process fragmentation.
Following are five technology trends that rose to the top of our list for the important role they will play in enterprise technology in 2015.
- Mobile Apps – Will Need a Rethink
- PaaS – The Needle Will Move Further
- Cyber Security and Open Source – Conundrum Won’t be Solved
- Battle for Container Supremacy – Docker Will be Challenged
- Analytics – Focus Will be on Bread and Butter